Discovery Is Growing Gardens at Simis
|Home||Volunteer||Coming on Campus||Lessons|
Coming on campus? Follow these steps:
- Register as a volunteer with the District.
- Sign up as a Simis DIGGS volunteer.
- Make sure you bring your Driver's License with you. It will be scanned at the front office before you will be permitted to go to the garden/classroom.
- Volunteers are not permitted to wander the campus. Please do not "pop in" to any classrooms. Start at the office, and head out to the garden.
- Taking pictures or videos of children while on campus is not permitted.
Facilitating a lesson? Follow these steps:
- You will receive an email with that week's lesson. It will tell you where to find your materials. Most of the time, you will find your grade level bin in the garden.
- Plan to arrive at least five minutes early to get yourself situated, set up your materials and be ready to greet your class.
- Keep an eye on the time, and have fun with your class in the garden!
- Make sure you have time afterward to clean up all materials and return them in good shape for the next class. This includes all art supplies and garden tools.
Ready to get involved?